The consequences of life without revival
Authors: Johnson and Pearl, Bible teachers and founders of:
Pure Gospel and Revival website
“Without the true gospel and revival, there will be more false gospel churches and false Christians than true gospel churches and true Christians. The false Christians and the non-Christians will continue to love self, love sin, hate God, despise God, desire money, sex, and power. They will remain unrepentant, continue to drink iniquity like water, not realizing God’s severity and the reality of hell.” －Johnson and Pearl
“Every church needs the pure gospel and revival, just as every farmer needs good seeds and rain.” －Johnson and Pearl
“Without the true gospel and Holy Spirit outpouring that brings revival, churches are dry, sermons are dry, everything is dry!" -Johnson and Pearl
Romans 3:23 “For all have sinned, and come short of *(or lack) the glory of God.”
*The term “come short” comes from the Greek word “hystereō", Strong’s G5302, it means “lack, come short, to be in want of, lack”. In order words, For all have sinned and “lack” the glory of God. In the New Testament, when God’s glory comes down, when the Holy Spirit comes down, we call that revival!
- Romans 3:23 “For all have sinned, and come short* of the glory of God.” The phrase “come short” comes from the Greek word: “hystereō”, Strong’s G520. It means lack, come late, fail to reach the goal, to fall short of the end, fail to become a partaker. In other words, all men have sinned and lack, and fail to reach the goal of the glory of God. In the New Testament, when the Glory of God or the Spirit of God comes upon people, we call that “revival”, or the outpouring of the Holy Spirit.
- Luke 11:13 “If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask Him?”
- Luke 24:49 “And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.
- Acts 1:4-5 “And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.”
- Acts 1:8 “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto Me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.”
- Acts 2:16-18 “But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of My Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on My servants and on My handmaidens I will pour out in those days of My Spirit; and they shall prophesy.”
- Acts 2:33 “Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, He (Jesus) hath shed forth* this, which ye now see and hear. *shed forth: comes from the Greek ekcheō, Strong’s G1632, means to pour out
- Acts 2:37-39 “Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.”
- John 7:37-39 “In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto Me, and drink. He that believeth on Me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. 39 (But this spake He of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
- John 16:8 “And when He (the Comforter) is come, He will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment.”
- Acts 3:19 “Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing* shall come from the presence of the Lord. *Refreshing: Greek “anapsyxis", refreshing, used figuratively of revival.
- Galatians 3:14 “That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.”
“A revived church is the only hope for a dying world.” －Andrew Murray
“Without revival, sinners will grow harder and harder despite more preaching. Your children and your friends will remain unsaved if there are no revivals to truly convert them.” －Charles Finney
－Charles G. Finney
“Without true revival, every nation will have increased sin, moral degradation, corruption, distortion of truth, lawlessness, inflation, poverty; and worldliness and prayerlessness will be rampant in the church." -Johnson and Pearl
“Without true revival, sinners, false Christians, carnal Christians, and covetous preachers will continue to wallow in sin, selfishness, carelessness, prayerlessness, covetousness, and worldliness.” －Johnson and Pearl
“Revival is needed when there is a worldly spirit in the church. The church has sunk into a low and backslidden state when you see Christians or false Christian conform to the world in dress, material possessions, parties, seeking worldly amusement, and reading novels, filthy novels, and reading other books such as the world reads. It shows they are far from God! When the church finds its members falling into gross and scandalous sins, then it is time to wake up and cry to God for a revival.” – Charles Finney, sermon called “When to expect revival.”
“If Bible knowledge, sermons, theology, and diluted gospels can save our nation, then the nations would NOT be more and more morally depraved and ungodly year after year. Today, what every nation and every church need the most are the pure gospel and true revival.” －Johnson and Pearl
“Preaching is talking to men about God, while praying for revival is talking to God about men. Preaching without praying for revival tickles men’s ears instead of pricking men’s hearts.” －Johnson and Pearl
“Without repentance and prayer that bring revival, all theology is dead theology, all activities are man-made, and all church meetings are meetings with men instead of meetings with God Himself!” －Johnson and Pearl
“Without the pure gospel and revival, the world, sinners, and fake Christians will continue to choose money, sex, power, fame, parties, sports cars, and mansions over God and Jesus Christ.” －Johnson and Pearl
“Without revival, the world and the sinners thereof will continue to choose money, sex, power, fame, parties, mansions, and big cars over God and Jesus Christ. Sinners will always choose to be in the driver’s seat of their lives than to submit to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.” －Johnson and Pearl
“Without the pure gospel and true revival, the church will have less influence on the world than TV, internet, movies, news, and public schools.” －Johnson and Pearl
“Without the pure gospel and true revival, sinners will give excuses like, “I have no time for church”, while they have plenty of time for TV, movies, friends, drinking and partying.” －Johnson and Pearl
“Without revival, preachers without backbones will dilute the message of the cross into a humanism centered false gospel. And Jesus the King of kings and Lord of lords will be diluted into just another religion that offers peace and joy, a genie in a lantern, or some kind of “gift-giving Santa Clause.” －Johnson and Pearl
“Today, most churches are either lazy, ignorant, or simply unwilling to pray for revival.” －Johnson and Pearl
“Revival, then, is what the church and the world needs. And revival is just what God wants to give. He is not unwilling to open the heavens and send us ‘times of refreshing from the presence of the Lord.” －Jonathan Edwards
Acts 3:19 KJV “Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.”
Luke 24:49 Jesus said, “And, behold, I send the promise of My Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.
“If the presence of God is in the church, the church will draw the world in. If the presence of God is not in the church, the world will draw the church out." －Rev. Charles Finney
“There’s no place on earth more exciting than the church of the Living God when God is brooding there, and there’s no place on God’s earth more boring when He isn’t there.” －Leonard Ravenhill
“I believe every church is either supernatural or superficial. I don’t believe there’s any middle ground.” －Leonard Ravenhill
“There is world of difference between a crusade and a true revival. A crusade is not a revival. Generally, crusades do not catch or influence the community. The community remains the same and the people go past the churches to hell. But in revival the community suddenly becomes aware or conscious of the movings of God. Beginning among His own people. So that in a matter of hours, not days, but churches become crowded.” –Rev. Duncan Campbell, one of the leaders of the Hebrides Revival
“Without the pure gospel and revival, instead of the church influencing the world, the world will be influencing the church.” －Johnson and Pearl
“If we do not experience revival, the morality and spirituality in any given city will remain unchanged and dead. Churches can have conferences, fake healing crusades, false prophet conferences, theologies, seminars, seminaries, programs, BBQs, and Christmas parties. But the devil and the principalities have bars, dances, concerts, porn, sports, entertainment, theaters, casinos, evolution taught in schools, worldly TV, idols, false teachers, false prophets, false gospels, and more parties than churches do. The devil continues to attract more people with his TV, movies, bars, ballgames, and rock concerts than the church does thru worldly programs and activities. In most cities of the world, over 98% of the city remain unrepentant and unsaved, the church is still the laughing stock of the devil and his demons, and the church is just a social gathering for false Christians. So, don’t we know that this is a kind of self-deception when a church brags about its denominational “success” and tiny accomplishments? ” －Johnson and Pearl
“Revival history clearly reveals to us that, all the recent revivals within the past 300 years were all started by repentance, total surrender, holiness, continued prayers with fasting, preaching the pure gospel and seeking Pentecostal Holy Spirit outpourings." —Johnson and Pearl
“Today, we need to truly and deeply repent. We need to abandon the unbiblical 30-second sinner’s prayer. We need to continue in prayer(Acts 1:14), preach the cross and the pure gospel of Jesus Christ in order to have real revival." —Johnson and Pearl
“The consequences of life without the pure gospel and revival is that: sinners will continue to sin, false Christians will remain unrepentant, false apostles will continue to do fake miracles, false prophets will continue to give false prophecies, false pastors will continue to deceive the sheep, false teachers will continue to publish false gospel books, seminaries will continue to teach dead theology, baby Christians will continue to be carnal minded, backsliders won’t come back, the world will continue to sin and worship idols and headed toward hell. Without revival, instead of the church influencing the world, the world will influence the church!" -Johnson and Pearl
“Without revival, the church’s influence on society will be far less than TV, the news, sports and entertainment, shopping centers, movies, and pop music." -Johnson and Pearl
“If churches do not preach the pure gospel and pray down revival, the morality and spirituality in any given city will remain unchanged and dead. Churches can have conferences, fake healing crusades, false prophet conferences, theologies, seminars, seminaries, programs, BBQs, and Christmas parties. But the devil and the principalities have bars, pubs, rock concerts, porn, sports, entertainment, theaters, casinos, evolution taught in schools, worldly TV, idols, fake news, false teachers, false prophets, false gospels, and more parties than churches do." -Johnson and Pearl
“Without revival, the devil continues to attract more people with his TV, movies, porn, ballgames, and rock concerts than the church does thru worldly programs and activities." -Johnson and Pearl
“Without revival, in most cities of the world, over 98% of the city will remain unrepentant and unsaved, prayer-less Christians will remain a laughingstock to the devil and his demons, and the church will remain just a social gathering for fake or lukewarm Christians." -Johnson and Pearl
“A revived church is the only hope for a dying world.” －Andrew Murray
“Revival history clearly reveals to us that, all the recent revivals within the past 300 years were all started by repentance, surrender, holiness, continued prayers with fasting, preaching the pure gospel and seeking Pentecostal Holy Spirit outpourings." —Johnson and Pearl
Luke 24:49 “And, behold, I send the promise of My Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.
Wilt Thou not revive us again: that Thy people may rejoice in Thee? Shew us Thy mercy, O LORD, and grant us Thy salvation.
詩篇 85:9 他的救恩誠然與敬畏他的人相近，叫榮耀住在我們的地上。
歷代志下 6:18 「神果真與世人同住在地上嗎？看哪，天和天上的天尚且不足你居住的，何況我所建的這殿呢！
約翰福音 16:6-8 只因我將這事告訴你們，你們就滿心憂愁。然而我將真情告訴你們，我去是於你們有益的。我若不去，保惠師就不到你們這裡來；我若去，就差他來。 8 他既來了，就要叫世人為罪、為義、為審判，自己責備自己。
瑪拉基書 3:1-3 萬軍之耶和華說：「我要差遣我的使者在我前面預備道路。你們所尋求的主必忽然進入他的殿，立約的使者，就是你們所仰慕的，快要來到。「他來的日子，誰能當得起呢？他顯現的時候，誰能立得住呢？因為他如煉金之人的火，如漂布之人的鹼。 3 他必坐下如煉淨銀子的，必潔淨利未人，熬煉他們像金銀一樣，他們就憑公義獻供物給耶和華。
“The human soul is every lazy toward God, and no generation has seemed to be able to travel very far on its way back to God and His standard from which the early church fell. It is true that human error or understanding continually satisfies itself with a part instead of the whole, but the real fact is that men are not willing to pay the full price to come back fully to God’s standard, to be all the Lord’s. －Frank Bartleman
What is the pure gospel of Jesus Christ?
“True and False Christian Test”
What is true revival?
The truth about sin
What’s the biggest power and privilege that God gives to a man?
Revival is the highest kind of Christianity
Today, over 90% of churches are NOT preaching the pure and real gospel