The truth about sin
Authors: Johnson and Pearl
The Pure Gospel and Revival website,
“Sin, not space, is the final frontier that man needs to conquer.” －Johnson and Pearl
“Sin is very addictive and spreads faster than any virus or flu, the quicker you fully repent and cut yourself off from the temptation of sin, the quicker you will be free from that sin.” －Johnson and Pearl
Sin is mankind’s biggest enemy. In the Bible, sin is mentioned in at least 1,430 times. The word “sin” is mentioned 1,016 times, “transgression” is mentioned 97 times, “iniquity” is mentioned 262 times, and “iniquities” is mentioned 55 times. This means that sin is a serious and big problem. We can definitely say that sin is man’s biggest enemy. You must defeat sin, and continue to defeat sin!
- Sin is the transgression of the (God’s moral) law (1 John 3:4)。
- Sin will cause God to not hear your prayers (Ps 66:18)
- If a righteous man sins and refused to repent, then God will blot his name out of His book of life. (Exod 32:33-35, Ezk 3:20, 18:24, 33:11-13)
- The end of sin is death (Rom 6:23, 21). The consequence of sin is not blessings or eternal life. The consequence of sin is death.
- Sins are abominations unto God. (Prov 6:16-19)
- All unrighteousness is sin. (1 John 5:17)。
- Sin is dishonorable and disobedient.(2 Tim 2:19,21) Sin is definitely not honorable but very lowly and low-class. All sins are selfish, wicked, dirty, disgusting, a serious offense to God and yourself. We should hate sin like we hate poop or the dirty water in the gutter.
- Sin deceives and kills (Rom 7:11) Therefore, sin is not your friend, but your enemy! Don’t kiss or dance with sin. Remember, sin will not have any mercy on you. So, you must defeat and continue to defeat sin.
- Then wages of sin is death. (Rom 6:23)
- Sin will cause you to see your own destruction, and sin will cause you to drink the wrath of God. (Job 21:20)
- If you sin and remain unrepentant, hell (Greek: Sheol) will consume you, just as drought and heat consume the snow water. (Job 24:19)
- Sin will try to have dominion over you. (Ps 19:13) -Sin will try to have dominion over you. (Ps 19:13)
- If you don’t repent, you will perish. (Luke 13:3)
- Sin can entangle us quite easily. (Heb 12:1, 4) In other words, sin is man’s stumbling block in life.
–Sin can entangle us quite easily.
- By God’s moral commandments, sin is exposed as exceeding sinful. (Rom 7:12-13)
- Sin is very seductive and addictive! (2 Pet 2:14 NIV) If your eyes are full adultery or greed, you will never stop sinning!
- Sin is the devil’s LSD (a hallucinogenic drug)! (Jas 1:15) LSD = Lust brings forth sin, and sin brings death in hell.
- If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them. (Jas 4:17)
- Sin is being indebted to God. (Luke 11:4)
“Sin is like running a red light, it thrills you before it kills you.” －Johnson and Pearl
“Sin is like robbing a bank, it suppresses your conscience and gives you an adrenaline rush, until you get caught or shot.” －Johnson and Pearl
“Hell is the last stop for those that don’t repent and keep sinning. Hell is God’s prison for those that keep sinning.” －Johnson and Pearl
What is the pure gospel of Jesus Christ?
“True and False Christian Test”
What is true revival?
30 Replies to “The truth about sin ”