Does “casually talking to God” count as prayer?
-Prayer is not talking to God as your flesh pleases!
Authors: Johnson and Pearl, Bible teachers and founders of:
Pure Gospel and Revival website
- Luke 11:2 (KJV) “And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
- John 9:31 (KJV) “Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth His will, him He heareth.”
- Psalm 66:18-19 (KJV) “If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me: But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer.”
- Proverbs 28:9 (KJV) He that turneth away his ear from hearing the (moral) law, even his prayer shall be abomination.
- Mark 11:17 (KJV) “And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.
- Romans 8:6-8 (KJV) “For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
- Psalm 145:19-20 “He will fulfil the desire of them that fear Him: He also will hear their cry, and will save them. The Lord preserveth all them that love Him: but all the wicked will He destroy.”
- Proverbs 15:8 The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord: but the prayer of the upright is His delight.
- Proverbs 15:29 The Lord is far from the wicked: but He heareth the prayer of the righteous.
“Before you pray, make sure that the God and Jesus that you are praying to is the God and Jesus of the True Gospel, because a false gospel will talk about an imaginary false God and “another Jesus”(2 Corin. 11:4). A false gospel will always produce false Christians that only pray out a selfish and covetous motive. Of course, such prayers will never be heard and that’s why so many false Christians are actually wasting their time by praying to the ceiling.”
“Prayer is not talking to God as your flesh desires.” －Johnson and Pearl
“Although some teach this, prayer is not casually talking to God, because Jesus said, a Pharisee once tried casually talking to God but was actually talking to himself. (Luke 18:11) Prayer has to be talking to God according to His truth and will, not according to your will, ambition, vanity, hypocrisy. ” －Johnson and Pearl
-a Pharisee once tried casually talking to God but was actually talking to himself.(Luke 18:11)
“All true prayers must be in accordance with God’s will or else you are just talking to yourself. Prayer is not asking God for things that your flesh desires. “Casually talking to God” isn’t prayer. The devil casually talks to God, but he never prays.” (Job 1:6-11, Job 2:1-6) －Johnson and Pearl
Romans 8:6-8 (KJV) “For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
“In this day and age, most churches in the world are preaching a false gospel that leaves out repentance and carrying the cross.(Mark 1:15, Luke 9:23, Luke 14:26) I have often heard quite a few fake Christians praying for Ferrari, Mercedes, mansions, a billion dollars, gold falling from heaven, and more wealth than Solomon. Why do churchgoers pray such shallow prayers? It’s because their pastors as just as shallow, and that’s how their pastors pray. Covetous pastors will naturally produce covetous churchgoers. Just as the Bible says, “if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.”(Mark 15:14) There are even some adulterous pastors that pray to God to allow them to marry their mistresses. What a shallow, covetous, adulterous, and sinful generation!” -Johnson and Pearl
Mark 8:38 (KJV) “Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.
Matthew 15:14 (KJV) “…And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
“In prayer, God looks at our attitude, honesty, and motive; not at our articulate words or fancy vocabulary.” -Johnson and Pearl
“Today, some pastors teach that casually talking to God counts as prayer. However, “casually talking to God does NOT count as prayer! The devil, the Pharisees, and the religious leaders of Jesus’ day casually talk to God according to their fleshly desires, but their attitudes and motives were wrong, so their prayers don’t count as true prayers. The reason many pastors teach that is because first, they don’t know what true prayer is. Second, their seminary teachers also taught that “casually talking to God” counts as prayer.
“All correct prayers to God must be in accordance to the will of God, plus you have to correctly understand truth and the will of God. -Johnson and Pearl
“Answered prayers are free, but not without preconditions. Just as salvation is free, but not without preconditions.” -Johnson and Pearl
What is the pure gospel of Jesus Christ?
You must repent before you can be truly saved!
“True and False Christian Test”
What is true revival?