Correct and incorrect prayers
-How to pray correctly
Authors: Johnson and Pearl
The Pure Gospel and Revival website,
(all scriptures are quoted from the KJV Bible, unless otherwise indicated)
- Luke 11:2 (KJV) “And He (Jesus) said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.”
- John 9:31 (KJV) “Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth His will, him He heareth.”
- Psalm 66:18 (KJV) “If I (David, a righteous man) regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me.
- Proverbs 28:9 “He that turneth away his ear from hearing the (moral) law, even his prayer shall be abomination.”
- 1 John 5:14-15 (KJV) “And this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask any thing according to His will, He heareth us: And if we know that He hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of Him.”
Luke 11:1 (KJV) …Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.
Luke 11:2 (KJV) “And He (Jesus) said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.”
“In prayer, we cannot convince God to do things outside of His will, only things that are inside of His will.” －Johnson and Pearl
“Biblical prayer does not move God to do our will, but move us to do His.” －Johnson and Pearl
“Biblical prayer does not convince God to do our will, but convinces us to do His will. ” －Johnson and Pearl
“Correct prayer is asking God to do things inside His will; incorrect prayer is asking God to things outside of His will.” －Johnson and Pearl
“True prayer was never meant to convince God to do our will, but to convince us to do His.” －Johnson and Pearl
“Prayer is not true prayer until one has truly repented, been born again, died to his selfish will, and starting asking for God’s will to be done on earth.” －Johnson and Pearl
“Most Christians, especially the fake Christians, have no manners and respect when it comes to praying to God. When talking to a king or president, you can only make polite requests and not selfish demands. Likewise, when praying to God, you can only make polite requests inside God’s will, and not selfish demands outside God’s will.”
“Since prayer is submitting, agreeing, and executing God’s will; we can importune God, cry to God day and night, and pray continually.”(Luke 11:8; Luke 18:7; Acts 1:14) －Johnson and Pearl
“He who is too busy to pray will be too busy to live a holy life.” E.M. Bounds
“Don’t pray when you feel like it. Have an appointment with the Lord and keep it. A man is powerful on his knees.” -Corrie ten Boom
“We do not pray at all until we are at our wits’ end.” －Oswald Chambers
“True and False Christian Test”
What is the pure gospel of Jesus Christ?
What is true revival?