The cost of praying down Pentecost/Revival
Authors: Johnson and Pearl
The Pure Gospel and Revival website,
“If our preaching doesn’t prick the hearts of sinners (Acts 2:37), and if our preaching does not result in 3,000 souls saved like Peter(Acts 2:41), then that’s proof we have NOT prayed down the Pentecostal power from on high that brings true revival." -Johnson and Pearl
- Luke 24:49 (KJV) “And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.”
- Acts 1:14 (AMP) “All these with one mind and one purpose were continually devoting themselves to prayer, [waiting together] along with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brothers.”
- Matthew 9:15 (KJV) “And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them? but the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and then shall they fast.”
- Acts 2:1-4 “And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
- Acts 1:8 KJV “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth."
- Acts 2:16-18 (KJV) “But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
- Acts 2:33 (NIV) “Exalted to the right hand of God, He(Jesus) has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear.
- Acts 2:38-39 (KJV) “Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the (Father’s) promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.”
“Instead of looking back to Pentecost, let us always be expecting it to come.” -Maria B. Woothworth-Etter (1844-1924)
“Without revival, sinners will grow harder and harder despite more preaching. Your children and your friends will remain unsaved if there are no revivals to truly convert them.” －Charles Finney
“There are two costs for Pentecostal revival: Gethsemane and Calvary!” －Johnson and Pearl
“Pentecost any cost, anyone?" -Leonard Ravenhill
“There can be no question that the biggest hindrances to revival are sin, idolatry, covetousness, lust, selfishness, pride, prayerlessness, worldliness, sports, and entertainment.” －Johnson and Pearl
“If revival is being withheld from us it is because some idol remains still enthroned; because we still insist in placing our reliance in human schemes.” －Jonathan Goforth.
“ALL HINDRANCES to REVIVAL in the CHURCH Are Due To SIN." -by Jonathan Goforth.
“The sin of unyieldedness, alone, can keep us from revival." －Jonathan Goforth
“We believe if a true Christian repents and diligently prays for revival, he or she can have revival in any city of the world.” (Luke 11:13, 24:49; Acts 1:8; Acts 2:16-18, 33, 38-39 ; Acts 3:19; John 12:32; John 16:8; Isa 44:3; Ps 2:8; 2 Chron 7:14-15…) －Johnson and Pearl
“It was prayer, fasting, and Pentecost that birthed the first church, not preaching without revival power.” －Johnson and Pearl
Acts 1:14 (AMP) “All these with one mind and one purpose were continually devoting themselves to prayer, [waiting together] along with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brothers.”
Matthew 9:15 (KJV) “And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them? but the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and then shall they fast.”
“Men who prayed most accomplished most. Lasting prayers brings lasting revivals.” －Leonard Ravenhill
“Prayer means power. More prayer means more power.” －Leonard Ravenhill
“The most important lesson Christians can learn is how to pray.” －E.M. Bounds
“If the presence of God is in the church, the church will draw the world in. If the presence of God is not in the church, the world will draw the church out.” －Rev. Charles Finney
“Revivals happens when a few people’s repentance, prayer, and sanctification change the majority’s unrepentance, rebellion to God, humanism, and self-worship.” －Johnson and Pearl
“The prayers of a few sanctified men will result in the salvation of the majority, just as after 10 days in the Upper Room, the twelve through prayer and fasting, brought Pentecostal revival(aka Holy Spirit outpouring), and the salvation of at least 8,000 sinners.(Acts 1:24; 2:41; 4:4) ” －Johnson and Pearl
“Jesus commands the disciples to seek first the Father’s promise that brings revival(Luke 24:49), then go to fulfill the Great Commission(Luke 24:47), not the other way around!” －Johnson and Pearl
“Jesus never said first preach the gospel, build churches, then seek revival last. Nearly all churches and seminaries today are busy going after numbers, offerings, activities, and preaching sin-diluting false gospels. No wonder they are too busy and blind to see the importance and absolute necessity of praying for revival.” －Johnson and Pearl
“Chinese revivalist John Sung has this famous saying: “God will use me now because I am completely dead.”
“Be a dead man living, don’t be a living dead man.” －Chinese revivalist John Sung
“Lord, I pray that you give me a double portion of Your Spirit upon John Wesley, D.L. Moody, and Charles Finney, If you don’t give me power, then I rather die!” －Chinese revivalist John Sung
2 Kings 2:9 (KJV) “And it came to pass, when they were gone over, that Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me.”
“Give me souls, or take my soul!” －George Whitefield
“It is impossible for a Christian that truly loves God and loves souls to be disinterested in prayer and revival.” －Johnson and Pearl
“Anyone that gets bored of praying for revival must a false Christian, baby Christian, or a lukewarm Christian.” －Johnson and Pearl
“A full and complete surrender is the price of blessing; it is the price of revival." -Duncan Campbell
“The human soul is ever lazy toward God. The real fact is that men are not willing to pay the full price to come back fully to God’s standard, to be all the Lord’s.” –Frank Bartleman
“For the sake of a lost & dying world, pay the price, get God’s power & SET THE CAPTIVES FREE” –John G. Lake
What is the pure gospel of Jesus Christ?
“True and False Christian Test”
What is true revival?
2 Replies to “The cost of praying down Pentecost/Revival”