AA Allen (instant miracles, deny self, fasting)
Authors: Johnson and Pearl, Bible teachers and founders of:
Pure Gospel and Revival website
“I would never eat food or drink water until He baptized me in the Holy Spirit. I would rather die than live without the baptism of the Holy Spirit.” -Dr. William A. Ward (when he was little)
- “Until I wanted to hear from God more than anything else in the world, more than food and gratification of the flesh, I would never get my answer from God.” -A.A. Allen.
- No matter what the cost!
- Millions were beyond the help of medical science, someone must bring deliverance to them.
- “For the sake of a lost & dying world, pay the price, get God’s power & SET THE CAPTIVES FREE” –John G. Lake
- Get alone with God. Whatever the cost may be, seek Him earnestly, until He has shown you the things that must be cleansed from your life before you can experience His power.
- It pays to deny self!
- Many miss God’s miracle-working power because they would rather miss God’s best for them than to miss a good meal.”
- “Fasting is the only way to prove to God that He means more to me than food.”
- The closer we walk to God the greater power we have in our lives.
- Power does not come in a moment—it is the result of waiting upon the Lord.
- Self would like to hurry, but self must be denied again.
- Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him!” –Psalm 37:7
- “Waiting on God includes fasting, prayer, and just plain old resting.”
- “True fasting is a matter of giving God first place over all the demands of the self-life. It goes deep into the personal life.”
- The flesh is restless and impatient, always clamoring for action, attention, or gratification. Self is mindful of the things of this world, the things of the flesh.”
“Food itself is not sinful. But if it is given undue importance, it becomes a god. And when it becomes a god, it is sin.”
- “The desire for food and sex are the two strongest desires of self. So, fasting of both is an important part of self-denial.
- “Fasting must be done unselfishly if it is to be effective”.
- Will you come after Him? Will you do the works that He did? Then wait in His presence and let Him speak to your soul about the things of self which have not yet been denied. Let His life of self-denial be your pattern.
- “I would never eat food or drink water until He baptized me in the Holy Spirit. I would rather die than live without the baptism of the Holy Spirit.” William A. Ward (when he was little)