True and False Christian Test (answers)
Authors: Johnson and Pearl
The Pure Gospel and Revival website,
(all scriptures are quoted from the KJV Bible, unless otherwise indicated)
“Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?” -2 Corinthians 13:5 (NIV Bible)
“True gold fears no test.” -Chinese proverb
Please see “True and False Christian Test” first!
*In the “True and False Christian Test”, every answer has to be “Yes”. If you have more than one “No” as your answer, this means you failed the test. This means that, as of now, you are a false Christian or a false convert. Please be aware that every question has scriptural basis. I emphasize again, every question has scriptural basis!!! The scriptural basis are God’s standard, not ours!
It is you who has to conform to God’s standard, and not God that has to conform to yours! Below is the scriptural basis for the answers.
- “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.” (Romans 3:23)
Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.” (1 John 3:4)
“The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.” (Psalm 9:17)
“The wicked…spend their days in wealth, and in a moment go down to the grave. His eyes shall see his destruction, and he shall drink of the wrath of the Almighty.” (Job 21:7, 13, 20)
“Drought and heat consume the snow waters: so doth the grave those which have sinned.” (Job 24:19)
- Jesus said Himself that one has to repent before he believes in the Gospel.
“And (Jesus) saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.” (Mark 1:15)
Jesus also said: “except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.” (Luke 13:3) Jesus went on to say: “I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.” (Luke 15:10) However, there is no rejoicing in heaven over you if you had not repented before your conversion or water baptism, because you are not saved yet!
In the New Testament Bible, the word “repentance” comes from the Greek “metanoia”. It is a present tense verb, which means that repentance is a continuing attitude and action. It means changing your original thought, feeling, and attitude about sin. It means to hate or abhor sin and a willingness to be a doer of Biblical truth. A person who truly repents will turn away from sin with contrition, and turn to God to seek God’s forgiveness. Only then will he be in the proper condition to receive forgiveness. If a person truly repents, he will bring forth fruits meet for repentance, and his actions will match his repentant heart. (Matthew 3:8-10, Acts 26:20)
The key to repentance is to hate sin, to turn away from sin, and stop sinning against God! A truly repentant person will love God and hate sin. If you had true repentance, the reason why you will not intentionally sin is because you want to stop sinning against God, not just because you want to avoid punishment in hell.
“…Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.” (2 Timothy 2:19)
- “Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.” (1 John 3:4)
Please note that the Bible said “sin is the transgression of the moral law (mainly The Ten Commandments)”. The Bible never said “only transgression of the 9th Commandment is sin. So, transgression of any of the moral commandments, except for the 4th Commandment, is considered sin. This means that before one believes in the Gospel, he or she has to truly and fully repent. He has to stop transgressing all of the moral commandments. In order words, you cannot just stop lying, stealing, and worshipping idols. You also have to stop lusting(which is adultery of the heart), stop committing premarital sex or adultery, stop taking God’s name in vain, stop coveting money, and stop transgressing the 1st Comandment, etc. You have to stop transgressing all of the commandments of the Ten Commandments.
- “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” (Romans 10:9)
Here, the Bible said one has to confess with his mouth the “Lord” Jesus. In fact, the Bible never said that it is enough to confess Jesus as your Savior only. The Bible says you have to confess Jesus as the “Lord” of your life.
Acts 2:21 (KJV) “And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
“If Jesus isn’t the Lord of you life and all, then He is not your Lord at all.” –Hudson Taylor.
- “And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.” (Luke 9:23-24)
Luke 9:23-24 Amplified Bible (AMP)
23 And He was saying to them all, “If anyone wishes to follow Me [as My disciple], he must deny himself [set aside selfish interests], and take up his cross daily [expressing a willingness to endure whatever may come] and follow Me [believing in Me, conforming to My example in living and, if need be, suffering or perhaps dying because of faith in Me].
24 For whoever wishes to save his life [in this world] will [eventually] lose it [through death], but whoever loses his life [in this world] for My sake, he is the one who will save it [from the consequences of sin and separation from God].
- “Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.” (1 Peter 2:24-25)
“What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?” (Romans 6:1-2)
- “Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of His death, we shall be also in the likeness of His resurrection: Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.” (Romans 6:3-6)
“For he that is dead is freed from sin.” (Romans 6:7)
- “But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.” (Romans 6:17)
- “Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.” (Romans 6:18)
- “But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.” (Romans 6:22)
- “But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my (moral) law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.” (Jeremiah 31:33)
“Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.” (Ezekiel 36:25-27)
- “And hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He that saith, I know Him, and keepeth not His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.” (1 John 2:3-4)
“And He(Jesus) said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man’s life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.” (Luke 12:15)
“Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I(Jesus) say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.” (Matthew 5:27-29)
- “He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now. He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him. But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.” (1 John 2:9-11)
- “Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.” (1 John 2:15-17)
James 4:3-4 (KJV)
Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
“The love of God and the love of earthly things are incompatible. If you give place to the love of the world, the love of God cannot dwell in you; and if you have not his love, you can have no peace, no holiness, no heaven.” –Adam Clarke
“The Bible clearly tells us that God’s will is for Christians to NOT love the world. (1 John 2:15-17) If you love the world, that is a direct violation of the will of God. As a result, it is a serious sin against God and God now considers you His enemy. (James 4:4) No enemy of God can ever enter heaven, and there are no Biblical examples of any of God’s enemies entering heaven. So loving the world results in sin, backsliding, no passion, no prayer life, no power, no true revival, and eventual loss of salvation if you do not fully repent! ” –Johnson and Pearl
- First John 3:9-10 Amplified Bible (AMP)
Verse 9: No one who is born of God [deliberately, knowingly, and habitually] practices sin, because God’s seed [His principle of life, the essence of His righteous character] remains [permanently] in him [who is born again—who is reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, and set apart for His purpose]; and he [who is born again] cannot habitually [live a life characterized by] sin, because he is born of God and longs to please Him.
Verse 10: By this the children of God and the children of the devil are clearly identified: anyone who does not practice righteousness [who does not seek God’s will in thought, action, and purpose] is not of God, nor is the one who does not [unselfishly] love his [believing] brother.
The Bible also said, “And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.” (Galatians 5:24)
- “Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.” (1 John 3:7-8)
“Being a doer of righteousness means one who seeks God’s will in thought, action and purpose. (1 John 3:10) Being a doer of righteousness means you think and act according to the standard of God’s word, not thinking and acting according to the world or your worldly or fake Christian buddies!” -Johnson and Pearl
The Bible says, “The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let everyone that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity or sin.” (2 Timothy 2:19)
In order words, you must stop sinning against God in your daily life, and be a doer of righteousness and justice. You must do what is right according to God’s truth. Don’t forget, Matthew 3:10 says, “And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the (hell) fire.”
- “We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.” (1 John 3:14)
- The Bible says, “As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby.” (1 Peter 2:2)
The Bible says, even newborn babes in Christ will desire the sincere milk of the word. (1 Peter 2:2-3)
Of course, a newborn baby will love to drink milk everyday. You do not need to chase the baby down and force him to drink milk. Likewise, a truly “born again” newborn baby Christian will love and desire the sincere milk of God’s word. He will discipline himself to read the Bible and pray.
Also, the Bible say, the Bereans read the Bible daily before they believed in Jesus. (Acts 17:10-12) However, some people today has been going to church for five years, but still they rarely take the initiative to read the Bible. That is because they are fake Christians; they are not even a spiritual babe in Christ yet!
Acts 17:10-12 KJV “the Bereans searched the scriptures daily!"
10 And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews.
11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
12 Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.
- “Large crowds were walking along with Jesus, when He turned and said: You cannot be my disciple, unless you love me more than you love your father and mother, your wife and children, and your brothers and sisters. You cannot come with me unless you love me more than you love your own life. You cannot be my disciple unless you carry your own cross and come with me.” (Luke 14:25-27 Contemporary English Version)
Now, these verses were spoken by the Lord Jesus Himself! These are God’s words, not mine! I repeat, these are God’s words, not mine!
Jesus really did say that, unless you love Him more than you love your parents, your wife, and your own life, you cannot be His disciples. These verses tell us that to become a Christian is not as easy as some might think.
Understand this: It’s not that God’s standards are too high; it’s that your standards are too low. It’s not that God is too strict; it’s that you are too loose and corrupt. It’s not that God is too demanding; it’s that you are too depraved.
You are too easy on your flesh and you sin too much!
It’s not that God is too severe or strict ; it’s that unrepentant sinners and fake Christians are too selfish, self-centered, rebellious, and sin-loving!!!
It’s not that God is too severe or strict ; it’s that you are too selfish, self-centered, rebellious, and sin-loving!!!
– it’s that you are too selfish, self-centered…
“And indeed, there is no little sin, because there is no little God to sin against. In general, what to (humans) seems a small offense, to Him who knows the heart may appear a heinous crime.” — John Wesley
-“there is no little God to sin against" — John Wesley
“Sinning against God is more severe than sinning against all the presidents or kings in the world! Sinning against God is more serious than sinning against 1 million presidents, kings, or emperors!” —Johnson and Pearl
“Admitting that you are a false Christian is not embarrassing. What’s really embarrassing is to find out that you are a false Christian after you end up in hell. That’s what’s really embarrassing!” -Johnson and Pearl
What is the pure gospel of Jesus Christ?
“True and False Christian Test”
https://repent-pray-revival.org/2020/07/09/true-and-false-christian-test/What is true revival?