Prayer is the greatest of all forces!
Author: E.M. Bounds
compiled by: Johnson and Pearl
The Pure Gospel and Revival website,
(all scriptures are quoted from the KJV Bible, unless otherwise indicated)
- John 9:31 (KJV) “Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth His will, him He heareth.”
- Psalm 66:18-19 (KJV) “If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me: But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer.”
- Psalm 145:19-20 “He will fulfil the desire of them that fear Him: He also will hear their cry, and will save them. The Lord preserveth all them that love Him: but all the wicked will He destroy.”
- Proverbs 15:8 The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord: but the prayer of the upright is his delight.
- Proverbs 15:29 The Lord is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous.
- Proverbs 28:9 (KJV) He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.
- Colossians 4:2 (KJV) Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;
- 1 John 3:21-22 (KJV) “Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God. And whatsoever we ask, we receive of Him, because we keep His commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.”
- 1 John 5:14-15 (KJV) “And this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask any thing according to His will, He heareth us: And if we know that He hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of Him.”
“Prayer is the greatest of all forces, because it honors God and brings Him into active aid.” －E.M. Bounds
1 John 5:14-15 (KJV) “And this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask any thing according to His will, He heareth us: And if we know that He hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of Him.”
“We can do nothing without prayer. All things can be done by importunate prayer. That is the teaching of Jesus Christ.” －E. M. Bounds
“Those who know God the best are the richest and most powerful in prayer.” － E.M. Bounds
“He who is too busy to pray will be too busy to live a holy life.” －E.M. Bounds
“The neglect of prayer is a grand hindrance to holiness." －John Wesley
“If weak in prayer, we are weak everywhere.” －Leonard Ravenhill
“But since the days after Pentecost, has the whole Church ever put aside every other work, and waited upon God for ten days, that power might be manifested? We have given too much attention to method, and to machinery, and to resources, and too little to the source of power.” －Hudson Taylor (1932-1905)
“Men of prayer must be men of steel, for they will be assaulted by Satan even before they attempt to assault his kingdom.” －Leonard Ravenhill
“The man who can get believers to praying would, under God, usher in the greatest revival that the world has ever known.” ― Leonard Ravenhill, Why Revival Tarries
“The law of prayer is the law of harvest: sow sparingly in prayer, reap sparingly: sow bountifully in prayer, reap bountifully. " －Leonard Ravenhill
“Prayer means power. More prayer means more power.” －Leonard Ravenhill
“You know if we’d spend as much time teaching people to pray as we’ve taught the choir, we’d have set the world on fire." －Leonard Ravenhill
“How much you pray shows how much you depend on God.” －unknown
“We do not pray at all until we are at our wits’ end.” －Oswald Chambers
“The battle of prayer is against two things in the earthlies: wandering thoughts, and lack of intimacy with God’s character as revealed in His word. Neither can be cured at once, but they can be cured by discipline.” －Oswald Chambers
“If the spiritual life be healthy, under the full power of the Holy Spirit, praying without ceasing will be natural.” －Andrew Murray
“Four things let us ever keep in mind: God hears prayer, God heeds prayer, God answers prayer, and God delivers by prayer.” －E. M. Bounds
“Faith in a prayer-hearing God will make a prayer-loving Christian.” －Andrew Murray
James 5:16-18 (KJV)
“Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months.
And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.”
“Prayer is the acid test of devotion.” －Samuel Chadwick
“The secret of all failure is our failure in secret prayer.” －The Kneeling Christian
“Little praying is a kind of make believe, a salve for the conscience, a farce and a delusion.” －E. M. Bounds
“Prayer is asking God to do what He already wants to do.” -Johnson and Pearl
“Time spent alone with God is not wasted. It changes us; it changes our surroundings; and every Christian who would live the life that counts, and who would have power for service must take time to pray.” M.E. Andross
“The great freight and passenger trains are never too busy to stop for fuel. No matter how congested the yards may be, no matter how crowded the schedules are, no matter how many things demand the attention of the trainmen, those trains always stop for fuel.” -M.E. Andross